So many of you flower friends have been asking about what’s to come in 2015 for our workshops and I’m ready to share new dates and locations.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot – we have lots of new things planned and I’m really looking forward to connecting with many new people and refilling my creative well alongside you all. We will be offering a discount to those of you who enroll early – Before Jan 1st.
JANUARY 29th,30th Intensives in Los Angeles.
Natural Light Studio – Los Angeles
1400.00 & 1100.00
Photography by Corbin Gurkin
Discounted rates for enrollment before Jan 1st – 1300.00 & 1000.00
One Day Flower Intensives
The classes will be full day 10am-5/5:30pm – flower design focused, intensives. These were such a success last year, we sold out and got to meet so many wonderfully talented people! In a break from our our traditional workshop format – we are offering these single day workshops for designers and artists who want to brush up their design skills with flowers only. Texture, color, construction, composition…the finer points of getting flowers to unfold naturally, seemingly effortlessly, making flowers that provoke an emotional response. That rush of feeling, that little gasp, that “oh my!.” A great workshop for new designers or experienced ones who want a fresh perspective. All student work will be professionally photographed for future personal use! Sign up for single days or both days:)
Day 1 -Jan 29th – Grand Scale Arrangements and Compotes.
all materials provided, plus lunch, coffee and beverages.
Day 2 – Jan 30th – Bridal Bouquets, Bouts, and Halos.
all materials provided, plus lunch, coffee and beverages.
Optional one-on-one portfolio reviews and private sessions available with Kate Holt on Jan 24th for an additional 350.00/hour
**Please note- This workshop does not cover the topics such as how to build a design business, how to reach your niche market, where to source materials etc…see the Sonoma Workshop itinerary and topics covered below if you are more inclined in that direction:)
FEBRUARY – Full 3 day Workshop Retreat in California, CA.
3 day Creative and Business Workshop – 3800.00
Accommodations and travel on your own.
Feb 22,23,24, 2015
Photographer – Jose Villa
Discounted rate for enrollment before Jan 1st – 3600.00
We will be relaxing and refortifying ourselves in gorgeous California, exact location TBA. Come find out why this is one of my favorite places on earth. Experience the golden, almost-ethereal light of this state. This workshop is about taking your business to the next level by investing in yourself, finding strength in building relationships, and taking care of your creative self, all while surrounded by ruffly blooms and abundant flowers. We are mixing artistic development in with some fun new bits like yoga and options for spa treatments as the ultimate respite for industry weary minds and bodies.
Hosting our discussions in a beautiful space, eating well and healthy, and pulling together gorgeous arrangements for a shoot…This is a place we go to grow, to flex our creative muscles, to give ourselves reprieve from the demands of our work, and build something beautiful for no other reason than it feels good. It feels so good… to reconnect, to breath, to take time to notice, to really look at things. I know I need it, and I imagine many of my colleagues do to. I strive to make the workshop retreat a place where we can all tap back into beauty for beauty’s sake and a place we look forward to returning to for inspiration and friendship. I hope that many of you will take the leap and join us!
Take a look at some of the wonderful talent who I am honored to call Flowerwild workshop alumni:
Kim Sanders of Art with Nature
Erin Benzakein of Floret
Anne Bowen of Charleston Stems
Lisa Collins of Sweet Woodruff
Pearl & Godiva
Semia Dunne of Flowers by Semia
Jacin Fitzgerald of Lovely Details
Sue Prutting of White Magnolia Designs
Ashley Fox of Ashley Fox Designs
Darci Greenwood of Beargrass Gardens
Shannon Mahoney of Thistle and Honey
and so many many more. So many exceptional people!
Option to start the day with some body warming yoga and deep breathing.
Introductions, and Business basics:
Building your business
– how to meet the right clients, and develop your portfolio
– being your own best editor
– inspiration – where to find it, how develop your process, refine your vision
– materials – a look at building your palette and creating a cohesive foundation of tactile items – sourcing product
– relationships with photographers and coordinators
– diversifying. how to decide whether flowers are it, or if you were meant to do more.
– pricing and getting what your worth:)
– getting messy – how to build a gorgeous bridal bouquet or centerpiece using forms, shape, texture
Discussions on Publishing your Work
– Editorial, how to style for editorial shoots and get real weddings published
– Study of photography…the ultimate translator of your vision. How to make it work for you
– Props, how and when to use them
– Creative Director versus Florist, what’s the difference? How do we sell this intangible product to our clients?
– hair and makeup for attendees
– head shots of all attendees by our photographer
– one on ones review of portfolios/websites blogs for all students
– prepare vignettes and floral for Shoot
– option to relax and have spa treatments
– wine and local cheese/nibbles hour
– wrap up and get rested for day 3
– Each attendee will have a chance to have individual floral or other styled elements photographed for future portfolio use. I love looking thru images of past workshops, and remembering my time with all the Flowerwild workshop attendees:)
Relax and have farewell dinner and final Q & A
All materials provided. Lunch both days provided, as well as the final dinner together.
Accommodations on your own. We will give you recommendations for great places to stay upon request and booking your space:)
Maximum enrollment 18 people.
To Be Announced ! End of Summer/Fall-
CREATIVE WELLNESS AND FLORAL WORKSHOP – FRANCE.
I know, it already sounds too good to be true! But it’s really going to happen and space will be limited so please email us to reserve your space or get on the wait list now. This one’s for the soul. For digging deep, for replenishing, and I for one, can’t wait…
All images here by Corbin Gurkin from our Pippin Hill Workshop this last spring.
Hosted by Lynn Easton of Easton Events
Creative Direction by Kate Holt/Flowerwild
Paper Magic by Amber Moon Design with Calligraphy by Anne Robins
Gowns by Gossamer
Hair and Makeup by Lora Kelly
A magical trip and time which I remember very fondly. What great women I met this year! Looking forward to what 2015 holds.