Here we go!
Announcing 2 workshops in the coming season for Designers/Stylists/Floral individuals. Personally taught by me, and photographed by Jose Villa.
Two amazing locations. Hope you will take a little time to invest in yourself and come learn, create, and build your vision and business.
MARCH 18th,19th,and 20th
PALM SPRINGS WORKSHOP – 2 days and 3 nights at the amazing Korakia Pensione retreat.
2100 for 3 nights in a standard room
2200 for 3 nights in a large room
Suites may be available upon request for additional price.
Welcome Dinner, Organic breakfast and lunch are included, as well as coffee/tea/water and other yummy noshes throughout the day. Lots of little goodies to keep us moving!
(image of korakia pensione doorway by aaron delesie)
APRIL 22nd,23rd,and 24th
MAYACAMAS RANCH – 2 days and 3 nights at the indulgent MAYACAMAS RANCH in Calistoga. .
2100 for a shared cabin for 3 nights
2300 for a private cabin for 3 nights
Welcome Dinner, Farm to table style breakfast and lunch are included, as well as coffee/tea/water. Snacks and delicious sustenance provided so we can be well fueled.
This is not just a workshop, this is a creative awakening. A space for shared ideas, digging deep for inspiration, and working toward improving our craft- collectively and individually. So often, people write asking questions about my business and the inner workings of how it’s all done. There are obviously so many layers of answers to these questions and the Workshop is a perfect response to that.
-What are the tools we use and how do we effectively share our creative ideas with clients, in a way that is translatable? In a way they will resonate and grow into a superior event?
-How can we nurture our families and our business at the same time?
-How do we budget our events, manage our crew, determine timing for install, make it look flawless?
-How do you determine what clients are right for you?
On top of all of this….How do we remain true to ourselves, our creative vision, and set goals for growth?
It’s a LOT! But trust me, the workshop is such an amazing experience and a great way to push yourself past any fears or obstacles that may be standing in the way of taking it to the next level. Every time we host one, I learn so much from the inspiring group of attendees. It’s like creative purification… No brides, no clients, no demands, just an open forum for us to do our thing.
March 18th OR April 22nd
-Welcome dinner & drinks on location. A great time for us all to get acquainted.
March 19th OR April 23rd
Morning Yoga for those who want to participate in the fresh air! (YAY!)
Introductions, and Business basics:
Building your business
- how to meet the right clients, and develop your portfolio
- being your own best editor
- inspiration – where to find it, how develop your process, refine your vision
- materials – a look at building your palette and creating a cohesive foundation of tactile items – sourcing product
- getting messy – how to build a gorgeous bridal bouquet or centerpiece using forms, shape, texture
- build floral and prepare for a small shoot the following day
- wrap up and get rested for day 2
March 20th OR April 24th
Yoga again for anyone tough enough.
Discussions on Publishing your Work
- Editorial, how to style for editorial shoots and get real weddings published
- Study of photography…the ultimate translator of your vision. How to make it work for you
- Props, how and when to use them
- Creative Director versus Florist, what’s the difference?
Prepare vignettes for Shoot with Jose Villa
- Each attendee will have a chance to have individual floral or other styled elements photographed by Jose for future portfolio use. This is invaluable. And we are so lucky to have him.
Relax and have farewell cocktails and final Q & A
March 21st OR April 25th
Anyone interested in a personal, private session with me, may opt for a one hour portfolio review…or we can discuss whatever you like!
-One-on-one time,an additional 250 fee.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space…or fill out the contact form on our website here. Space will be limited.